:: Peoples Time Online ::
BNP is giving chance to leaders of the second row excluding party’s senior leaders. Sources said this is a part of BNP’s reformation process. The party is looking for new leadership that will sustain for the next five to ten years. Even BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s senior lawyers have been replaced by young Barrister Nawshad Jamir.
Syed Moazzem Hossain Alal, Khairul Kabir Khokon, Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, Tabith Awal and Shama Obaid have been given the responsibility to arrange programs for the upcoming movement. Instruction has come to build strong relations with the grassroots to make planning for a long-term movement. BNP acting chief Tarique Zia, who is absconding in London, has given this direction.
The conflict in BNP’s standing committee is visible as it has been days since the committee held a meeting. A number of members of this committee have expressed no-confidence in BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir. Due to the ongoing conflicting situation, BNP’s standing committee is unable to plan movement programs or fix a strategy. As a result, they are creating a distance with the grassroots leaders and activists. Getting frustrated, the grassroots leaders have demanded to bring a change in the leadership and announce new party programs. Tarique is also communicating with the grassroots leaders to revive the party. Syed Moazzem Hossain Alal, Khairul Kabir Khokon, Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, Tabith Awal, and Shama Obaid have already received the follow directions:
1) They have been instructed to find out the predicaments that are preventing the leaders to announce party programs after talking to the grassroots.
2) They have been instructed to form new committees in places where the leaders are either in jail or absconding.
3) The associate organization like Chatra Dal, Juba Dal, and Swechchhasebak Dal should be made active in no time so that they can announce programs regularly.
4) The reshuffled Dhaka metropolitan committee is unable to act effectively. Therefore, they have been instructed to make this committee active again and announce programs in the city.
5) The direction has been given to increase communication with other political parties to launch the movement with step-by-step programs to hold the election again as there are allegations of vote rigging.
BNP lawyers’ committee has already been reformed. The Chatra Dal has also been reformed and it is planning to finalize the programs after the DUCSU election is over. A source in BNP said that the five leaders who are from the second row will take the party towards a movement and announce continuous party programs. The senior leaders and standing committee members will be made inactive. The youth force will lead the party whereas the senior leaders will remain as ornaments of the party, confirmed a number of sources.